Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hi everyone,
No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I know it's been a few days since I've campdowned but I've been rather busy lately so you'll just have to forgive me, call me a slacker, hate me for the rest of your life, give me chocolate, or whatever makes you feel happy.
I've compiled a list of things to do on the way to camp. I know that for many of you it's only 2 hours, but think of all that you can do in 2 hours! Plus there are those people who might find themselves bored after the first 5 minutes. Some of these are from the list I made last year, and some are new.

1) Ask where the map is, study it upside down, then ask the driver every 5-10 minutes "are you SURE you know where you're going?"
2) Drink as much water, soda, liquid as possible so you can check out all the rest stops along the way. Some have free coffee and cookies.
3) Find out how many different keys you can sing "Polly-wally-doodle" in.
4) Re-enact the final fight scene of Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. (Make sure you have plenty of room and don't cut anyone else's legs off.)
5) Hang your head out the window and bark like a dog at passing cars.
6) Ask everyone in the car for a quarter and tell them you're using it to call a cab for the way home.
7) If you're the driver, make as many 'U' turns as possible- it always makes other drivers like you even more, plus you'll make your passengers antsy because they'll think you've gotten lost.
8) Listen to headphones but sing all the songs out loud
9) About halfway there, suddenly shout, "Wait!! I forgot something!! We have to go back!!"
10) Or if you're one of those boring people, you could just watch the scenery or read a book. :-)

9 Days until Camp!
TTFN,
Rachel

No comments: