Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Friends, Fuzz, Elephant Ears, and Cowboy hats

The past week I spent two days with my friend Sara Cone and her family. We went to the fair on Wednesday afternoon. The fair was great there were lots of cool animals and fun stuff to see and good food to eat. We looked at all the chickens and rabbits (gave them suggestions on new hairdos and how to go easy on the eyeshadow!) And we saw the horses - all three of them- I think the rest were out preparing for the rodeo. We stopped and watched a really cool act by a cowboy and his family doing roping and shooting tricks. And what would the fair be without Cotton Candy (or fuzz as it's know by in my family). It was so much fun!! I even bought a cowboy hat. That night we went to the rodeo. It was the first rodeo I had ever been to and (for those of you that know me) I was in heaven! :-) I love the rodeo -or anything that has to do with horses- but only had been able to see it on TV, never in person. It was a great time and I can't wait to do it again!
On Thursday Sara and I just kind of mosied around doing whatever took our fancy, took a walk and had good talks and picked blackberries. I got to drive the tractor too! :-D
Thanks to the Cones for having me and for such a fun time!

In other news:
I'm back to work now and Mom and Dad leave this Thursday for a week in Hawaii and come back next Friday to leave the next morning for Ohio with the kids. (I'll follow a week later) So I have a very busy two weeks ahead. Thankfully there are some friends who will be helping us out which will be a great blessing because I'll be at work a good deal of time and Rebekah will be holding down the fort. Prayers are greatly appreciated. :-)

No comments: