Friday, December 22, 2006

Wow, I acutally managed to post 2 days in a row!

We've been doing a lot of baking lately for Christmas and I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes. Beware though girls! My dad LOVES this dough so if you have cookie dough lovers at home and you don't watch, you might not have any to bake the cookies with! =)

Shortbread Cookies ~~ from the kitchen of my Momma =)

1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks)
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour

Blend the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla. Blend in the flour gradually. (I've found through trial and error that this is important.) =) The dough should be the consistancy of playdough. Add a few tablespoons of milk to soften it a bit if needed.
Roll dough out to 1/4'' thick and cut out. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes or until a light golden. Cool on the pan for about one minute before removing from tray. *Hint - when rolling out the dough, use a half and half combination of powdered sugar and flour to keep the dough from getting to stiff and dry.
Enjoy!!

I hope everyone's Christmas preparations are going well and that you all find it a day of Joy and Rest!

No comments: