Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Key Ingredient

"Be anxious for nothing, in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made know to God." Philippians 4:6

This has been our family's memory verse this week and I'm reminding myself of it more and more. There is one thing though, that stand out to me in this verse and reminds me of another similar to it and that is "Thanksgiving". Being thankful to God in all our circumstances seems to be essential even when we are very anxious and worried about what we have to do or what life has in store for us. Too often I find myself worrying about things I have no control over and I find it hard to "give it up" to the Lord. I think part of it is I need to be more thankful for what He has given or done for me in that situation and tell Him of my worries and turst Him to take care of it. That's His job after all! =)

"Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: