Thursday, June 29, 2006

Success!

Last night I made dinner for the family and tried out a new recipe for Stuffed Meatloaf. My cousin gave it to me and I thought I would experiment and give it a try. And lo and behold! My family liked it! It was pretty good if I do say so myself. :-)

Stuffed Meatloaf (can be modified according you your particular tastes, the amount of people you're feeding etc.)
Meat:
2lbs Ground beef
1 egg
2 Tbls Worsestershire sauce (approx)
2/3 c ketchup
1/2 bbq sauce
1 clove freshed garlic crushed
1/4 c dried onion (or 1/2 of a fresh onion finely chopped)
"Stuffing":
1 bag frozen veggies your choice ( I recommend broccoli or grean beans)
1/2 c grated cheddar cheese

Mix together meatloaf ingrediants as you normally would for meatloaf.
Spread meatloaf evenly in a 9x13 greased pan so that it is very flat and fairly thin. Spread the frozen veggies evenly in the center of the meatloaf. Sprinkle veggies with the cheese. (Now for the slightly tricky part...) Carefully fold up the edges of the meat loaf to cover the veggies and cheese inside. Press meatloaf together to form a "seal" around the stuffing. Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes.

(I found that after baking the was alot of liquid from the frozen veggies in the bottom of the pan. I drained it out before serving. )

No comments: