Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Small blessings

Sometimes it amazes me how good God is. I know I shouldn’t be amazed but in my fallen state I do forget to give Him the Glory due His name. I was talking today at work to my new supervisor about school. She asked me what I wanted to do. I asked her if she was referring to school or life altogether. She though a moment and said “ Well, all of it.”
I explained where I was in school and my goal in school to study History and get some kind of degree. I told her that ultimately I want to get married and have a family and be a stay at home mom and to homeschool my children like I was. She was surprised to hear that I had been homeschooled and had lots of questions for me about it. Did we get to go on outings? What prompted my parents to it? Were they homeschooled? Where did they get materials? Did we have a schoolroom or did we work in the kitchen or dining room? Did I ever go to any school outside of home?
I was able to tell her (without going into much detail right now) about my homeschool experience and how my parents chose homeschooling because they wanted to give their kids a solid Christian worldview and education etc.
I felt I was able to give a witness and testimony to my Christian heritage and upbringing and give a good witness of my faith. I’m praying that my words were right and I was able to speak boldly for what I believe while in the workplace. Lately I had a hard time finding ways to be a witness in words not just in the way I act and don’t speak. J I am very thankful to the Lord for this opportunity. It was an answer to prayer and I’m praying for more such doors to open to discussion and witness opportunities. There have been days lately that I’ve been feeling down at work or the day has not been going well for me and God has been encouraging me in little ways reminding me that He

No comments: