Thursday, September 28, 2006

Living for who?

I was driving to work this morning, going over in my head the things that I had to do today and thinking about all the things I wanted to do not just today but in the very near future and with my life. It was then that it struck me how much I have been concerned lately with all that I want to do and hadn't been asking God for it and been trying to figure it out on my own.
It reminded me of the sermon I heard 2 weeks ago from a visiting Gray Friars student, Chris Morris, who spoke on prayer and asking God for things. It was like God just said to me "What are you worrying for? Just ask me."
So I did. And now, I can't tell you how much better I feel. Sure, I'll still be planning and dreaming but that gentle reminder to be always planning with "Lord if it's Your will" at the front of all my plans and dreams, not just some of the time, was what I needed.
God is good and has better things for me than I can plan or dream about.

"A man's heart plans his way but the LORD directs his steps"
~Proverbs 16:9

No comments: