Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I love Google

I really do. It's an amazing tool. I type in what I'm looking for and up pops just what I need.

For example: yesterday I was looking for a simple crochet pattern for baby hats. I typed in "crochet patterns + baby hats" and voila! The first site I click has a gazillion and one patterns. I found one I liked right away and actually made the hat in about an hour last night.
And today, I was thinking about making jam. A coworker mentioned that she had plum trees ready to drop their fruit and asked if I wanted some. I thought "Plum jam is really yummy and I bet it's not hard to make." Thing is, I've never actually made jam before-by myself that is. So I looked up "plum jam recipes" and found a link to a Home and Garden information center that was chalk full of helpfulness on jam making and recipes to boot.

Then I Googled "Betty Crocker" and made myself hungry by just looking at the pictures on the site. Excuse me now, I need to go wipe the drool off my chin...

2 comments:

Lana said...

Lovely Isn't it??? You can find everything on the web... :-D

Very useful when planning meals, and tryign to figure out what to substitute for corn starch...

Amy said...

We use Google all the time. In fact we don't buy certain reference books because Google is free ;)