Yesterday we (our team from the U.S.) had our second-to-last meeting before our trip to Poland in 1 1/2 weeks. It was a good meeting; we covered the remainder of details of our iternary including when we're driving up to Vancouver BC and when we're arriving in Germany, busing to Poland, etc. I think this trip is going to feel very long.
I also found out that while we might occasionally have access to an internet cafe, I'm not sure how much contact I'll have with this blog. Basically- don't expect daily updates. :-) It might just be once or twice- but I'll try to fill in as much as I can.
Next week is our church camp and we'll have one final meeting just to touch base on a few things, make sure everyone has what they need, and just spend some time praying (some more). You can pray with and for us too. I know as a team we are excited about going, but I think the closer we get to leaving, the more the nerves start acting up. If you are thinking of us please keep these prayer requests in mind:
1) That no matter what happens, or where we go, the name of Jesus Christ would be glorified.
2) Prayer for patience, kindness, loving hearts, generosity of spirit, and peace amongst our team members traveling together. Being with people (other than your family) for 2 weeks, 24/7 I'm sure can start to wear on even the most forebearing of natures.
3) That God would prepare our way and the hearts of those we will be talking to.
4) That our travel would go safely and smoothly. (Border crossings, security, customs, 10hr flight, etc.)
5) Protection for us
6) Protection for our belongings: no lost luggage or stolen items.
7) Protection for our families while we are away from them.
8) That our ministry would be effective and a blessing to our Polish brothers and sisters.
9) That we would have good rest!
10) That we might even have fun!
Thank you for your love, support, and your prayers!!