Monday, July 31, 2006

3 months and still so much to do

Tomorrow is my three-month anniversary at Columbia Credit Union. I'm very excited! :-) Things have gone so well and I have learned so much. CCU has what's called a probationary period for all new employees and that is for the first 90 days. Most times people within their 90 days don't get many of the responsibilities and learn most of the things that I have been taught.
Five months ago I would have never guessed that I would be here now. I am very thankful for the opportunities God has given me here and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow.

I got to talk to Bethany on Saturday. I called her and we talked for about an hour. That was very nice. She and Alex were just finishing up shopping for appliances for their new house. Sounded fun! They'll be moving into the new house in a day or so it sounded like.

I've got quite a list of things to do this summer that I have yet to finish. I hope to get most of them done before school starts again but we'll see. Next on my list of things to do is buy a car. Dad is car-shopping for me. Thanks Dad!! I know I don't have the know-how or even the patience for such a job. I'm very grateful for his time and energy.

I'm kind of a car-clueless. I know how to drive one, know how to fill it with gas, I know how to check the fluids (now...) and I know how to put oil in one. I might be able to change a spare if I had to (just follow the manual Alex said), but beyond that I'm sad to say that I don't know much. I would like to be less clueless and am trying to learn more so that I'm not so ignorant and so that if I'm ever stuck somewhere I know what to do!
Now if you asked me to quote a line from a movie or asked me who wrote such and such a book or what's the difference between the pastern and the hock on a horse, I could probably tell you!! :-)

A couple of my friends told me yesterday that they liked reading my blog. "You read my blog? I didn't know that." :-) I'm thinking about setting up site monitor on my blog just to see who reads and when. Yes I want to know if you're reading my blog at ungodly hours of the night when you should be in your wee little beds resting your wee little heads. (and then I can feel flattered that your reading me instead of sleeping.....or I can feel put out because you're reading me TO fall asleep!) :-) In any case- does anyone have a suggestion for a site-monitor? I had a suggestion yesterday but now I can't remember it..... :-/

Well, I believe this post is sufficienly long enough for now. So long for now!

No comments: