Sunday, July 02, 2006

Favorably disposed

Today we heard an excellent sermon by our church's friend Marec Kmeic. (i think I spelled his name wrong...)
It was from Psalm 3. The point that stuck with me the most was his words on verse 3:
"But You O Lord are a shield for me, my glory and the one that lifts up my head."
He said that in essence David here is saying that God is favorably disposed towards him; that God is on our side; that God likes us. And because He likes us He asks us to eat with Him in communion. Would you invite someone to sit down to dinner with you if you didn't like them?

It was very encouraging words; especially when there are times in my life when I feel like I don't know how other people will respond to me or how they will treat me. It's comforting to remember that God is on my side because He likes me; and because He likes/loves me I am His.

1 John 4:19 "We love Him because He first loved us."

No comments: