Monday, November 17, 2008

Cameo # 2

Mom

You know how mommies are supposed to be soft, warm and smell good? My mom is. :-)
Born and raised in Vancouver, WA, Mom has lived in this town her entire life. I think that’s pretty neat; not many people can say that.
Her grandmother taught her to sew and over the years, she has made my sisters and I (and my brother too) so many beautiful clothes. One of my best memories growing up was hearing the sewing machine humming in the next room as I went to sleep at night. She’s taught me to sew as well.
A stay-at-home mom, she’s one of the hardest working people I know. She has homeschooled my siblings and me from day one; something I am thankful for every day. The skills she and dad taught me, prepared me for college and for life in the working world.
Mom has an incredible eye for detail and a talent for organizing and planning. Holidays and birthdays at our house are always amazing because of Mom’s hard work and direction.
And I don’t know how she does it, but she makes the best peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

Here a are a few things you might not know about Mom:


1. She does an amazing imitation of the voice of the Wicked Witch of the West. 
2. She makes the perfect apricot pie (you know, the one my dad asks for every birthday.)
3. She has the best sense of direction out of everybody I’ve met. (A trait, that unfortunately, I don’t think I’ve inherited)

And I wouldn't be who I am without her. :-)

No comments: