Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's getting closer....

Hey y'all! What's up?
I don't know about you but I'm having a very good day. I went to school today and got two papers back from my Health class. I got a 90% on one and 100% on the other! That makes me very happy. :-)
So, countdown business. I've found that within a week of getting into the countdown that I feel a sudden lack of creativity. I wonder if it's because I'm trying to overachieve or if it's because I my brain has really truly gone dead, or if it's because there really is nothing new to say; you know, kind of like the Ecclesiastes theme: "Nothing new under the sun....all is vanity." Maybe that's carrying it a bit too far, but you get my drift. My point is basically that if you see something here that makes you think "Didn't we talk about that last year, or the year before that?" it's probably because you did see it last year.
But Wait!! I have something important to say! This year there are new people on the countdown that have never been to Camp before or have never been on the Countdown before! That makes it exciting for me!
I would like to take this moment to officially welcome to the Countdown: Erica White -a friend of Grace Mahar's (she requested that you be put on the Countdown :-), Stephanie Pitrone (Rebekah had me make sure you were here too.) Also Alex, Calvin, Amy, and Jeremy Barendregt. They have also never been on the Countdown before or to Camp before. This is their first year so I hope that you will all make them and all our other guests feel welcome and help them have a good time and help the RCC Family Camp to live up to its reputation. :-)
If I have by some misfortune forgot to welcome you to the countdown, my deepest and sincerest apologies and a hearty welcome to you as well. :-)

37 days until Camp!
Rachel

No comments: